I only discovered essential oils near the end of my pregnancy and boy do I wish I had them earlier! I’m looking forward to having my hands on these sweet little bottles of goodness from the start next time.
I wanted to share with you the best oils to use during pregnancy, post-partum, babies, and beyond!
· Known for its soothing properties, Ginger is one of the number one remedies to assist in subsiding morning sickness, indigestion, and nausea. Keep this baby on hand!
· Soothing, relaxing, and peaceful, Lavender is a staple in our household before we doze off to sleep.
· Use coconut oil & this oily blend to help prevent stretch marks. Gentle Baby also makes a great baby powder later, mixed with cornstarch.
· I seriously wish I could gift every new mama with progessence plus. Its blend of Sacred Frankincense, Peppermint, wild yam extract, vitamin E, coconut oil, Bergamot, and Rosewood make it wonderful for hormonal support and youthful skin care. Not to mention, using just two drops a day (which is all that’s needed) this little bottle lasts you approximately 4 months! That’s approximately 44 cents a day for hormonal support, yes please!
Peace & Calming
· A dreamy blend of Ylang Ylang, Orange, Tangerine, Patchouli, and Blue Tansy - this oil blend creates a relaxing environment, perfect for nap & bedtime.
· Mama + Ningxia Red = Super-Mama. Another I wish I could gift every new mama with! Try a month supply and see for yourself! It’s unlike anything I’ve tried before. It’s natural, it’s tasty, and it’s perfect for antioxidant and energy support.
A few fun facts:
+Fantastic taste with no "junk-juice" (e.g., apple, white grape, pear, etc.) or added sugar.
+Contains a great whole food source of iron, protein, fiber, minerals and vitamins.
+Contains therapeutic grade essential oils of yuzu, lemon, tangerine and orange.
+Contains natural antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body against free radicals.
+Natural form of energy without sugar, caffeine or other artificial stimulants.
· A delicious blend of Black Spruce, Blue Tansy, Rosewood, and Frankincense.
· Known for its calming and uplifting properties, valor is one of my go-to oils post birth. I keep mine in a handy roller-bottle and apply daily.
Baby (+ Toddler)
· Mixed with organic cornstarch, Lavender makes a perfect (and inexpensive!) baby powder.
· Mix 1 Cup of corn-starch in a glass mason jar and add desired oil (about 5-10 drops).
· Coconut Oil + Lavender make for a really easy diaper rash & skin cream.
· Another versatile oil, I rub Lemon diluted on my son’s feet and chest to assist during the winter months. Also high in antioxidants and supports the digestive system.
· A warm balsamic aroma, a few drops in the diffuser are perfect to soothe and relax before bedtime.
Thieves (best used for toddlers, around 1 and up)
· A beautiful blend of Cinnamon, Lemon, Clove, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary; it smells like Christmas!
· I rub this one diluted on Owen’s feet to support his immune system.
· Diffuse for 15-30 minutes to help eliminate airborne bacteria. A great daily oil to apply diluted all year-round before heading out for the day!
Whether you’re a new mama or a seasoned pro, I hope you can effortlessly incorporate essential oils through this important stage of life; most importantly for essentials like hormonal support, energy levels, restful sleep, and care of your sweet little ones.
For more information on Young Living essential oils and to order your premium starter kit, visit my Gorgeous Essentials website.
Also from today til end of this weekend only (midnight Sunday), sign up with me and I'll reemburse your shipping!
PLUS the first two sign-ups will receive an Elephant Shoe Teething Co. diffuser necklace as my gift to you 😘 (email firstname.lastname@example.org after you've signed up and mention this post!)
Wishing you all the best in life and mamahood.