What do you get when you mix a squash....
and a slow cooker...??
A really delicious AND easy dinner! (not to mention vegan + gluten-free)
Inspired by Oh She Glows Luxurious Pasta recipe, I came up with my own "mama-pressed-for-time" version!
You'll have to ignore the mushy looking finished picture above, I promise you the flavours are delicious! You could also add some organic ground beef or vegan meatballs on top!
Hope you enjoy!
1 Glass Jar of Garlic Pasta Sauce (no added sugar)
3/4 Cup Cashews
3/4 Cup Almond Milk
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste (optional)
Your choice of veggies (pictured above is leeks & mushrooms, spinach & fresh basil is another great choice)
1 Spaghetti Squash
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, gut the seeds.
- Brush with coconut oil
- Pour jar of pasta sauce in the bottom of the crockpot
- Blend cashews and almond milk in a high speed blender, like a Vitamix
- Add cashew cream to crockpot
- Stir in nutritional yeast & tomato paste
- Add veggies to the crockpot, cover them in tomato cream sauce
- Place spaghetti squash face down in the crockpot.
- Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.
- Using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash "noodles" from the shell, stir into the tomato cream sauce mixture.