*Adapted from Bob Red Mill's "Lucy's Pumpkin Muffins"
I like to enjoy these muffins during what I (& a pregnant Pam Beasley) affectionately call "second breakfast."
Second breakfast is my way to still start the day with a Gorgeous Mama Smoothie and feed my need for some savory breakfast carbs. I hope you enjoy this pumpkin take on gluten-free muffins during this lovely (American) Thanksgiving week!
1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
1/2 Cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
3 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
2 Tbsp Ground Flax mixed with 4 Tbsp Water, refrigerated for 5 minutes
- Set Oven to 350 (F)
- Spray Muffin pan with Coconut Oil Spray or line with muffin liners
- Mix dry ingredients, set aside
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to dry ingredients
- Stir until combined well.
- Fill muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow time to cool